Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let's Hear It for Hunters!

That's Canoga Park Hunters.

First...
a comment posted by "Anonymous" about Rudy Lugo's funeral. (Note: the photo is from one of my yearbooks; yes, he looked like that when he was my 10th grade PE teacher.)
At yesterdays services at Our Lady of The Valley you could see the many lives he had touched and you could sense the history of love that coach has left behind as his legacy. There were generations of Hunters going all the way back to the early 60’s to the current class of 2009, old classmates in football jerseys and lettermen’s jackets and new and retired faculty.

Topanga Canyon blvd was closed from Sherman Way to Vanowen St so that coach could make on last trip around the football field in the hearse along with the current football team and its coach.
You can read the rest of that comment here -- and other recent responses about Coach's impact in life and death in the comments to my first post about him.

Second...
a current Canoga High senior has submitted the video below to LA Time Warner Cable's "My First Vote Project." The grand prize for one Los Angeles area high school student is a trip for two to Washington DC during the Inauguration. Your vote for her video would be much appreciated.








This video was submitted as part of the Time Warner Cable's "My First Vote" Contest


(Disclaimers: 1) the young Hunter is one of my sister-in-law's students and 2) her video includes comments from one of my CPHS history teachers and a current teacher I've known since he was born, who is also one of the singers -- though I might not have guessed that except for this.)

No comments: