Monday, July 06, 2009

Pastor Zip's Links Temporarily Down

Last April came the first announcement:
Dear MobileMe member:

On July 7, 2009, the .Mac HomePage web application will be discontinued. As of this date, you will no longer be able to create new pages or edit existing pages using HomePage. Any pages you've already published will remain live at their current web address for as long as you like. If you need to make changes to your existing pages, please do so before July 7.
Since my homepage, Pastor Zip's various links, and my other personal pages have been on the .Mac HomePage, I figured it was finally time to set up my very own domain. And so last week I began the process of establishing www.pastorzip.org. Alas, that's not yet completed, but I've been told it is happening "right away." (I suspect the Fourth of July holiday hasn't helped.)

Meanwhile, I wanted to beat Apple's July 7 deadline for setting my pages on the homepage.mac.com/pastorzip/ domain to automatically forward to my new domain (like I did when I moved from ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/przip). That I did that just a few moments ago, even though the new domain isn't up yet.

So if you're looking for Pastor Zip's Lutheran Web Links and all its associated cousins, they'll be returning to the web Real Soon Now. I'll let you know as soon as they're up. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: